Thursday, August 25, 2016

Laughter! Good For Relationships!

Many folks today would like to know the secret of maintaining a long term relationship.  I’ve always believed the best way to find out things like this is to ask those who are doing it.  With that in mind, here’s is one great example for all of us.

My Buddy Ross in Perth, Australia and his wife Jan will be celebrating their 44th wedding anniversary in January 2016.  I got some insight this week into why they’re still together after all this time.  Ross can still make her laugh and the couple who can laugh together are blessed indeed.

Here’s a segment of an email Ross sent me last week:

**************************************************************************

I played a joke on Jan. She was given a recipe for Pumpkin Fruitcake. I typed up my own ridiculous version of the recipe & replaced the original with my look alike. Jan went to cook the cake yesterday. Got out the recipe & burst out into hysterical giggling. Maybe Jan has a warped sense of humour, like mine? Got so bad I had to get her a glass of water to stop her choking from laughter. I don’t know how Jan detected that I was the culprit? Anyway the attachment is the amended recipe.

PLUMPKIN FROOTCAKE

1.25 Ton Green Bargerine.

12 dozen  Neggs

1 Ton Shoogar

1 Kilo Yelloe Mucky Stuff

2 Tons Exploding Flower

1 Ton Hot Smashed up Plumkin

1 Gallon  Sinnaman

1/2 Ton nixed froot

Tiger bum of octaganol or hexagonanal binn with snaking skins. Sslime sides. Chukk in green bargerine and shoogar. Multiply neggs, bash in one at a moment. Tipp in yelloe mucky stuff, slipp in hot smashed up plumkin. Shift in exploding flower and sinnaman. Belt up de nixed froot. Bern in read hott uvon (2,500 degrees) for 5 dais untill bernt to a blakk crispy sorta ting.  Coorecttly bernt when screwdriver test screws bernt bits orf.

******************************************************************************************

What do you wanna bet this happy couple got more value out of this recipe than the original? Somehow I think the original tasted better though.

No comments:

Post a Comment