Thursday, August 25, 2016

Coast to Coast

I’m doing a coast to coast run this week. I picked up a load in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island Tuesday evening and will be delivering in Santa Rosa, California on Monday morning. So that means viewing the water of two oceans in one week.


I saw the water of the Atlantic Ocean from the Confederation Bridge between Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick on Tuesday (twice actually) and will be seeing the water of the Pacific in San Francisco Bay on Monday. Let me tell you, it’s a long way across this continent. Six thousand kilometers by the time I bump the dock Monday morning.

The coldest part of the trip so far was Thursday night at Davenport, Iowa where it got down to -13 C. (+8.5 F.) First time I’ve had to run the truck all night this winter. However, the temps since then have been mostly above freezing. It got up to 10 C. (50 F.) today (Saturday) in Wyoming although very windy.

Not very much snow across the country so far, but that doesn’t stop the four-wheelers from hitting the rhubarb in multiple locations. And I don’t just mean rolling off into the median or anything as simple as that. No, they seem to have a talent for flipping on there sides and even totally upside down. Why, oh why, won’t people slow down and drive for conditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment