Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Easter Weekend on the Road

Sometimes it just can’t be helped.  Sooner or later in OTR trucking one is liable to spend time away from home when they really shouldn’t or at least certainly don’t want to.  Call it bad planning, bad luck, or just fate it does happen.



That’s what I’m doing this Easter weekend.  Because I was home this past Monday and Tuesday it was out of necessity for a pay check this month that I headed back out on Wednesday knowing full well it would mean being out over Easter.  To make matters worse it’s keeping me from a lovely home cooked Easter dinner at the home of a friend.  My wife Marilyn will do an admirable job of filling in for both of us, and she may even eat my share (she’s been on a strict diet lately, self imposed, and may just say to heck with it on this special occassion).


So I delivered my load of potatoes this morning near Goshen, NY and here I sit at the T/A Truckstop at Maybrook, NY feeling sorry for myself and wondering what’s on the table where the Easter dinner is going on.  Small consolation, but I do have a WIFI connection so I can work on my websites and I have with me some of Marilyn’s home made Death by Chocolate cake.

It’s possible my company may find a reload for me tomorrow and I could be in Toronto on Sunday but it’s just as likely I’ll find myself sitting here until Monday or even Tuesday.  That doesn’t stop me from wishing all my readers a very Happy Easter and hope most of you are spending it with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment